Saturday, April 27, 2013

I take my coffee black.

Black coffee: bold, strong, and not sugarcoated in any way. In a way, I think black coffee and I have a lot in common. Begin list.

THINGS BLACK COFFEE AND I HAVE IN COMMON


  1. Loyalty. Has a steaming cup of black coffee ever let you down, regardless of whether it's 6:30am, 10pm, or 2:30am? If you earn my loyalty, I'm the same way.
  2. Consistency. We are creatures of habit. In general, we like order. Schedule. Predictability.
  3. Love is a two way street. If you want a good cup of black coffee, you have to understand the process of making it. Good coffee doesn't just happen. My trust and affection? Same thing... doesn't just happen.
  4.  We don't choose the sugary way of approaching life. We want to get things done. Sipping coffee in the morning can't take all day. It needs to happen and it needs to do its job, no add-ons. Plus, if you leave out the milk and sugar, that leaves more room for coffee.
  5. Some people will always find us bitter, acidic, and abrasive. I've learned in life that some people just never have the taste buds for black coffee. That's okay. I'd rather spend time with people that don't require convincing.
  6.  Perhaps we're just an acquired taste, black coffee and I. 
I'm warning you right now: listening to my ramblings might be an acquired taste. To be perfectly honest, I'm not blogging for my audience. I know. That's selfish. This blog, however, is intended to help me know myself better as I arrange a buffet-style arrangement of writing, photos, music, and videos.


Know yourself. That's the ultimate goal.



0 comments:

Post a Comment